Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What I'm LOVING Wednesday!


This week I am LOVING that we just had another "Chick Chat" on Monday night and it was FAB! Every month a group of ladies from our church/MOPS (and all walks of life) get together for desserts (made by me) and a woman from the group will share "Their story". Here is our mascot ;)



 This month, instead of having a speaker we had a shoe party! Everyone brought their favorite pair of shoes and told us why they LOVED them so much. Some people had a meaningful story behind their shoe and some women just brought shoes that they LOVE. I brought 2 pairs.Both of them represent both sides of my personality and life. The first shoe that I LOVE are these Chinese Laundry black heels...

The next pair that I LOVE are not cute at all but my husband gave them to me back in 2004 and I still wear them now. They are oh so comfy but horribly worn (and stinky ha!)


Due to our shoe theme, I made some shoe cookies! It took me FOREVER to decorate these things but they turned out pretty cute!


I also made some Nutella Mousse Cupcakes! They are a chocolate fudge cake with nutella mousse in the center and a Swiss meringue buttercream with a Nutella drizzle on top!!



The next thing I am LOVING this week is my new favortite coffee and creamer...

Normally I drink "Chock full of Nuts" coffee and I LOVE it, but I found this new one. Its H.E.B. Cafe Ole coffee "Houston Blend". It has actual bits of coconut and texas prailines in it and its oh sooo yummy! I also LOVE the new (limited edition) Cinnabon Coffee creamer. The combo of the two are DELISH! Happy Wednesday Yall!


15 comments:

  1. I love Hannah's outfit! Potato Saks is one of my favorite brands! Your cookies turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you send me some of those cupcakes? HOLY MOLY! Those sound SOOO good! Can we be neighbors so you can bake for me?! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun night for you girls! Can I just say that you are absolutely amazing at baking! Those desserts had my mouth watering!!!

    And I will now be on the hunt for that coffee creamer- I havent seen it before but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're quite talented! I LOVE the cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! Shoes and desserts, does it get any better? ha! The cookies are super cute and those cupcakes,too! I can't wait to get back to my "real" coffee after this baby is born, I'll have to try out your suggestions, they sound heavenly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coffee and trying all kids of creamers and I haven't tried that one, so I'm going to have to! Those cupcakes look AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun 'party' Adorable heels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! Those cookies are so adorable and those cupcakes....YUM! Your group sounds fun. Wish I lived out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shoe cookies are great I bet the were much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. her outfit is too cute!!! I'm lovin your cookies and cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutest mascot EVER!
    And those shoe cookies are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, those cookie shoes are adorable!! You are SO talented! Sounds like a fun get together. I want something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy moly your cookies and cupcakes are fabulous! I'm making cookies like that in the shape of elephants for Connors bday and I'm wishing I hadn't seen yours first. Mine will look nothing like that! Haha. Too bad you don't live closer... I'd just have you do them for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow- you are so talented!! Those cookies are almost too cute to eat. (but I certainly would have eaten one or two if I was there) =) The cupcakes sound and look delicious too!!
    That coffee sounds yummy! I will have to try it. Our favorite is the HEB Cafe Ole "Taste of San Antonio".
    Love your blog and your baby girl is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tip regarding the Cinnabon flavor. I hope they offer that one in sugar free. (hubby's a diabetic)
    You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete