Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Weekend!!!!

This weekend was so fun! Saturday we went over to my moms house and grilled out hamburgers (ya know its Texas when you can grill out in December) and we also made lots of cookies! I just love making cookies at Christmas time more than any other time in the year!
Doesn't this little girl look excited about making cookies! And I'm just a little obsessed with this "Bailey Boys" Stocking outfit!
Here are some of the cookies that were on the "Menu"
"Thumbprints" They are like a shortbread buttery cookie with preserves in the center.

White chocolate pumpkin cookies!


And of course we had to make some "White Trash Candy"!

Then... Today I hosted a baby shower for my friend Robbin. The shower was at my moms house and I was super excited to help host this shower for her. She already has one daughter and is having another little girl. I One of Robbins favorite cakes is my Raspberry Pistachio cream cake so I knew exactly that I had to make that one for her.
Here I am with Robbin and my friend Annie (who also helped with the shower)


 I really wanted it to be a special time that we could come and celebrate Robbin and little Elizabeth. I thought up the idea to do a "Blessing tree". I bought a pink tree and I made her several bows that I clipped to the tree, then each person at the shower wrote a blessing or a Bible Verse on an ornament and put it on the tree. It was really neat to see all of the things people wrote. Here is the tree (before everyone wrote their blessings on the ornaments)

It ended up being a great shower and I hope that it can be a memorable time for Robbin as well.


7 comments:

  1. 1. I LOVE her outfit!!! So cute!
    2. I made the white trash candy, and now I'm hooked. Ohh it's so good!
    3. That is a precious idea for the bow tree!
    4. Do you have a website or etsy page for all your bows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is picture perfect!!!! IT looks so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the white trash candy this weekend as well for a party and it was a big hit. It is so easy and yummy.
    Love Hannah's outfit. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I gained 5 lbs. just reading your post. :) And that raspberry pistachio cream cake? Mmmmm. And so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy cookies, but even yummier baby. She is the cutest little thing! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tree idea! All of those cookies look delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just curious.....where did you get your daughter's red shoes??? I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete